Monday, April 2, 2012

The 411 on the VNA, FYI

When the little creature that I occasionally call my daughter came home, I was made aware of the VNA, or Visiting Nurse's Association. In my experience, they're a pretty cool group. Making house calls (hence the 'visiting' part), they bring some old school medical care to the masses.

Being an old school crew, their internet presence isn't making a large impact on the internet, although they have a book face, which you can view here. With only 211 likes and only one person 'talking about them', they aren't going up against KONY anytime soon. they also have a website, which you can also check out here. their Facebook is not updated as frequently as I'd like (their latest post being made on the 23rd, and the post before that was made on the 5th). Their posts are self-promoting, directing users (viewers?) to either their site or other places, giving the sense that their knowledge of social media is limited at best. 

To justify picking the VNA for this project, they should have a Twitter or another form of social media in order to better communicate with the people they serve. I have attempted to establish contact with the one responsible for their Facebook page, thinking that this person (or persons) would be able to enlighten me with the VNA's plans for future social media endeavors. I am still waiting for a response.
So, to conclude,  the Visiting Nurse's association seems to be more focused on their work than their exposure to the masses. Speaking from experience, I'd say that they are doing just fine in that regard, and they should work a little harder in connecting with the connected world.

No comments:

Post a Comment